The Software Engineer is a team player working towards delivering clean code to complete both business and product requirements. You will be expected to understand the larger picture and how your piece of the puzzle fits in to complete that picture. You should strive towards maintaining the highest quality in your delivery, solving problems that may or may not be tied to your individual changes, in an effort to constantly improve the applications and systems at Figg.
The ideal candidate understands the SDLC and working in an agile environment. You should understand the importance of process and documentation, but that it should not overtake delivery. You should be flexible and able to change path at any given time as priorities shift without compromising on your deliverable.
Duties & responsibilities
- Understands that testing and coding go hand in hand
- Solves problems with SOLID reusable components built on well known patterns
- Has the ability to produce clean, DRY code on aggressive timelines
- Can mentor other team members and show them the path to clean, DRY code
- Loves to teach and learn, and knows that continuous learning is the cornerstone of every successful engineer
- Believes that good code metrics are not just interesting goals but requirements
- Possesses strong Git-fu
- Has the drive to constantly look for ways to improve their craft and mentor others on the same.
The ideal candidate
- Has a Computer Science degree and 7+ years of experience
- Has experience with MySQL, Postgres, or equivalent RDBMS
- Bonus: Experience with iOS or Android development tools
- Bonus: Experience with Map/Reduce programming and Hadoop
- Bonus: Experience working in Amazon Web Services
- Bonus: Experience with containerization
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Programming is required. Candidates must have a legal right to work in the USA.