The Software Development Engineer in Test helps in designing and building out the testing framework for our card linking platform. You will be responsible for the integration of quality into the full SDLC of a project. You will need to understand business use cases, application functionality, integration points, performance and security and identify loopholes where they exist. You will also be expected to work with business as well as engineering to apply quality controls. The position requires both manual and automation testing, and will drive processes to ensure confidence that our software operates as expected.
Duties & responsibilities
- Believes in transparency and understands that the communication of a clear result is as important as the result itself
- Can clearly communicate issues and has the skills to design and organize a living regression suite
- Is a strong customer advocate, and understands that customers are both internal as well as external. The candidate can evaluate customer needs and ensure that the product is tested according to those needs
- Participate in design and code reviews and ensure adherence to best practices
- Maintenance, support and enhancement of the quality of the CLX product suite
- Apply principles, processes and tools of quality management, and define gaps in the current processes. The definition of those gaps is followed through by a solid solution
- Actively participate in a Scrum team that focuses on delivering incremental results and constant improvement practices
The ideal candidate
- 3-5 years experience in defining, writing and executing test cases manually
- Has a good understanding on SQA process
- Understands and converts manual effort into a generic automated suite when appropriate
- Experience coding in a programming language such as Java, RoR, etc.
- Experience with MySQL, PostgresSQL
- Experience with Selenium, SoapUI, JMeter, Postman
- Has worked in iterative planning and execution
- Experience with automated regression test planning and execution
- Experience with large scale performance testing and tools of a distributed system such as Blazemeter
- Has worked in JIRA and used Zephyr for test case management
Bachelor’s degree in C.S. is preferred but not required. Must have legal right to work in the USA.