The Senior Accountant will primarily be responsible for helping prepare the financial statements, revenue recognition, preparing merchant invoices, processing vendor bills, maintaining fixed asset schedules, and helping collect accounts receivable. The Senior Accountant is also responsible for general accounting related processes including critical areas of the monthly close cycle and will help streamline processes. This role requires strong communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to senior leadership, and attention to detail with a high-level of accuracy.
Successful candidates for this position will have professional experience in similar positions in a private or public company or with an accounting firm. Candidate experience should cover accounting & financial reporting processes, working cross-functionally across an organization, and thrive working in a fast-paced environment.
Duties & responsibilities
- Create monthly financial statements
- Create merchant invoices, ensuring invoices accurately reflect our contracts and transaction data
- Process merchant credit memos as needed and respond to merchant billing inquiries
- Reconcile AR related accounts
- Provide merchant aging reports for reporting / collection purposes
- Work collaboratively with sales representatives to address merchant collection issues
- Manage employee travel and business expense reports through Expensify
- Responsible for year-end 1099 reporting
- Maintain strict confidentiality standards
- Prepare prepaid, fixed asset, and intangibles schedules and recons to support amortization or depreciation recognition, as well as monthly variance analysis, roll-forwards, and journal entries
- Assist in development of company accounting policies, desk procedures and controls
- Partner and collaborate with cross-functional teams across the business as needed
- Provide timely support to external audit inquiries, including preparation of audit-related schedules
The ideal candidate
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on work experience in AR, AP, Fixed Assets and general accounting in a hyper growth private company or public company.
- Complete understanding of financial statements.
- Strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite, D365, SQL, Expensify, and Salesforce experience preferred.
- High performer with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely well-organized, data driven and comfort managing multiple tasks and projects.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners/department heads/coworkers as trusted and objective advisor.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter capable of working independently in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision and effective in dealing with ambiguity.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required, CPA preferred. Candidates must have a legal right to work in the USA.